With over 30 years of training dancers, the Ithaca Ballet summer dance program offers a solid foundation in correct classical ballet, combined with modern and jazz classes for added strength, versatility, and freedom of movement. This summer will be an exciting opportunity for the dancers to develop their dance skills and make new friends.
July 1 – August 9, 2019
Dancers from 8-18 years old are welcome; previous ballet training in not required. On the first day dancers will be given an initial placement into Advanced, Intermediate or Basic level depending on dance background and age. The program director will adjust those placements as needed.
The summer program is held Monday to Friday from 9AM to 3PM at the studios of the Ballet Center of Ithaca, 504-506 North Plain Street in Ithaca, NY. Dancers may register for the full 6 week session or one of the two 3 week sessions.
- Daily ballet classes plus jazz, modern, and conditioning classes
- Workshops in music, stagecraft, nutrition and more
- Composition class
- Recreation and swimming
- Performances at the end of each three week session
Intermediate & Advanced Levels
- Daily Pointe classes
- Variations from the Classical repertoire
- Partnering class
- Cindy Reid: Artistic Director and instructor of intermediate to advanced ballet and pointe, classical variations
- Gunilla Lieberman: Basic to early intermediate ballet, character dance and beginning pointe
- Rachel Myers
- Amanda Moretti: Modern dance and Composition
2019 Program Dates & Fees
- Six-week session: July 1 – August 9, $1000.00
- Three-week session I: July 1 – July 19, $600.00
- Three-week session II: July 22 – August 9, $600.00
For all sessions, a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is due by June 1 to guarantee your dancer’s spot in the program. This deposit will be applied to your program fee.
We are able to offer a limited number of full and partial scholarships. An application is included in the registration packet. Scholarship applications due by May 15, 2019.
Click to Download: Ithaca Ballet 2019 Summer Registration Packet
Teen-Adult Division Summer Class Schedule
Summer Session 2018 (2019 coming soon)
- June 25- August 4
- Early Intermediate Ballet (RM) 5:30-7:00 PM
- Basic Pointe (RM) 7:15-8:15 PM
- Basic Ballet (MC). 5:30-7:00 PM
- Intro to Ballet (MC). 7:00-8:00 PM *NEW this Summer *
- Intermediate/Advanced Ballet (MS) 5:30-7:00 PM
- Intermediate Ballet (SI) 5:30-7:00 PM
- Basic Ballet (MC) 9:30-11:00 AM
- Intermediate Ballet (GL) 11:00AM-12:30
Class cards available (Class cards can be purchased from any teacher) :
- Single class…………$15
- 10 class card……….$120
- 20 class card……….$200
Contact the camp secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org